An Alboher-Pardo Family of Monastir
This family is descended from Yudá Alboher and Bessie Pardo.
We don't know much about them, but we have pulled together information about their descendants.
Related Sefaradí families:
Aroesty, Camhi/Campi, Crescas Camhi, Cohen, Moreno, Pardo, Passo, Sarfatti.
Material in this section contributed by Steve Lindenman and Lynn Weiner-Balshine, update Dec 2003ce by Suzanne Campi
- Aaron Alboher
We know of him only through his son Yehuda, who was formally known as Yehuda Aaron Alboher.
- *Judah "Yudá" Alboher -m. *Bessie/Buena Pardo
Yuda and Bessie had: Sarah, Avram, Aron, Shahby "Sam", Esther.
Bessie and Sarah (mother and daughter) were pregnant at the same time, and Bessie gave birth to Esther in the same year (1909) that Sarah had her daughter Celia.
- *Sarah Alboher -m. Samuel/Shabetai ("Sam") Gabriel Camhi
Shabetai Campi was born in Salonica, Greece and only he and one of his brothers survived.
The rest - possibly 4 brothers and their wives, children, and grandchildren were all killed during the war.
The brother that survived may have gone to Canada or Israel to become a Rabbi; his last name should be Camchi.
Sarah followed, also via Ellis Island in 1907 or 1910, with Celia and Louis.
In the U.S. this family mostly used the surname Campi.
This couple had 11 children in all:
Bohor/Yuda?, Boy, Louis, Boy, Celia, Abe, Bessie, Rachel, Lily, Sol, Sophie, Murray.
- *Bohor/Yuda? [Boy deceased at age 1 or 2. Possibly named for Yuda]
- *[Boy_1] [Boy deceased at age 1 or 2.]
- *Louis Campi -m. *Sophie Cohen
Theirs was an arranged marriage.
Sophie was a daughter of Morris and Luna (Camhi) Cohen of Monastir.
Sophie Cohen's family settled in Rochester.
[Resided in Jamaica, NY.]
- Morris "Chico" Campi -m. Florence [??]
- Lisa Claire Campi
- Joseph Campi
- Shirley Campi -m. Herman "Hy" Weiner
[Wantagh, NY & Sunrise Lakes, FL]
- Lynn Joy (Luna Joya) Weiner -m. "Ron"ald Ashley Balshine
Lynn is a Board Member of the Monastirli Society.
[W. Hempstead, NY.]
- Lawrence Phillip Weiner -m. Rosemary Dehler
- Scott Michael (Samuel Miguel) Weiner -m. Debra Unger
[Old Bethpage, NY.]
- Sydney Paige (Sara Perril) Weiner
- Lexi Blake (Brocha Perril) Weiner
- *[Boy_2] [Boy deceased at age 1 or 2.]
- *Celia Campi -m. Morris Moreno
Celia's given name was Joya/Julia, but she changed it to Celia.
Morris Moreno's family was from Istanbul.
Most of his family had settled in Mexico City—where his sister's family still lives.
[Los Angeles, CA]
- Seymour Moreno -m. Bethlaine [??]
[Long Bch, CA]
- Suzanne Moreno -m. [??]
- Stanford Moreno -m. [??]
- Sherman Moreno -m. Norma [??]
[Culver City, CA]
- Abe Campi -m. Madeleine [??]
Madeleine came from Bordeaux, France. Abe and Madeleine met and married in New York.
- Suzanne Campi -m. (1) John Wentworth
[Los Angeles, CA]
- Michael Wentworth
- Amelia "Amy" Wentworth
- Bessie Campi -m. (1) Mike Hertzberg
[Bessie] -m. (2) Abe Kurtzer
- Stanley Hertzberg -m. Judy [??]
- Mark Hertzberg
- Marney Hertzberg
- Michelle Hertzberg -m. Burt Maldin
- Rachel Campi
[Rachel passed away at age 7 or 8, of influenza during the WWI years.]
- Lily Campi -m. "Hy"man Passo
Hyman Passo's family was also from Monastir.
- "Sol"oman Campi -m. Louise [??]
Sol Campi's real name is "Soloman".
The family called him Sol or Solly.
However, during the war, he decided to use "Mike" which is what Louise called him.
- Mike Campi
- Steve Campi -m. [??]
- Sophie Campi -m. Irving Cohen
[Rockaway Bch., NY]
- Sandra Cohen -m. (1) Ronny Zuckerman
[Sandra] -m. (2) Jim Angeli
- Leslie Cohen -m. Debbie [??]
[Rockaway Bch, NY]
- Murray Campi -m. [??]
- Avram Alboher -m. Sophie/Sun'h'u [??]
[Passed their last days in the Sephardic Home, B'klyn, NY.]
- Bessie Alboher -m. Dave [??]
They had retired to Florida, before their passing.
- Louis Alboher -m. Sylvia [??]
- Clara Alboher -m. Paul [??]
- Eli Alboher
- Aron Alboher -m. Pauline/Palomba [??]
Settled in Brooklyn, NY
Aron and Palomba had either 6 or 7 children.
- [??] Alboher -m. [??]
Passed away in his 40's.
Wife was a Kastoriali.
- Bessie Alboher
- Rachel "Ray" Alboher
- Louis Alboher
- David Alboher
- Eli Alboher
- Shahby "Sam" Alboher -m. Sara [??]
Settled in Lower East Side, NY
- Bessie/Bernice Alboher -m. [??]
[Brighton Bch, NY]
- Murray Alboher -m. Esther [??]
[Howard Bch, NY]
- *Esther Alboher -m. Samuel Sarfatti
Esther was born in Monastir in 1909, but she told everyone that she was born in 1908, so that she would be old enough to marry Samuel Sarfatti (who was born in Kavala, Greece).
Sam Sarfatti's mother was an Aroesty.
- Emanual Sarfatti -m. Ellie Cohn
- Barbara Esther Sarfatti -m. N. Michael Lindenman
- Steve Lindenman -m. Patti Lee Spillers
- Jennifer Lindenman
- Lauren Lindenman
- Barry Lindenman
If you are related either by descent or marriage to this family, or if you have relevant information which would supplement or correct what's here, and would like to contribute, send e-mail to: